7.07.2008

My new favorite hobby.


Music. Reading. Writing. Swimming. Art. Fashion. Next to be added to my pantheon of hobbies is cooking. I've recently been hired as the Executive Chef of Chez Spohn, and let me tell you, I've taken up the challenge with relish. I've always loved to cook, but have never had to do so for five people. It's so relaxing and fulfilling to me to cook good food for people and to have them enjoy it. And the best part is that I know I'm learning skills that I'll have for the rest of my life. The domestic goddess in me has been screaming to be let out, and my parents have gratefully conceded. Let's face it, I didn't give them much of a choice. Now if only I could convince them to let me decorate our new house...

Favorite website of the week: Williams-Sonoma. The utensils! The baking dishes! The gadgets that only Emeril knows how to use! It's heaven.

2 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

the domestic goddess huh?

Rachel... I miss you. I hope Florida is fantastic.

Cody said...

oh snap. we should do a group dinner party.

and as far as decorating goes, if you need any help i'd totally be willing to lend my services. im a good side kick. i know its not the most masculine of passions but home decorating consumes me.