7.22.2009

desolation! horror! : a lunch tale.

Today I was craving a nourishing dejeuner dans le mode de la francais--an omelet. I quickly swooped upon the necessary ingredients in the fridge. Onions! Cheese! Sausage! Green pepper! All were assembled but one. The eggs. Frenetic was my search, unsuccessful was the result. No omelet was ever wanted more in that moment of my omelet wanting.

My stomach was not taking no for an answer so I scoured the shelves for an alternative. Knowing that no substitute could ever take that place of the omelet I had imagined, my hope was dim. In a small corner of the fridge I spied a small container of last night's chicken and broccoli casserole.

Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I am not a leftovers person, but c and b casserole is one leftover I do allow past my fractious and persnickety gullet. The day wasn't completely frabjous when I realized there were only a few bites in the container, and most of it rice. But my belly offered no complaints afterward so all seems well.*

*The above was written in response to nerves upon applying for a PAID editorial internship and the incumbent's wish to stop thinking about what might happen thankyouverymuch.

8 comments:

Janae said...

Yay a blog from my favorite!

I am sorry to hear about your lack of eggs. If you still lived conmigo, you could've used mine.

C&B Casserole FTW.

You'll get the paid editorial internship. Visualize away. Put it on your vision board! Chyeah!

Rachel said...

Aw, favorite? :)

I know. I need to visualize this shizz up. But I'm scared of sending it out there--I've done so before with mixed results. Sigh.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

So I decided that when I need to write my memoir that task is going to be appointed to you. Hey I don't have a vision board. Does that mean my future is floating in the universe and all will be chaos? And I still haven't seen your board, btw. Oh and I had to use our remaining two eggs last night to make the brownies. Sorry. They were pretty delish brownies though, so I think it was a pretty good compromise. Love ya! ;)

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

Is memoir(s) singular or plural?

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

I appreciate the diversity of your blog, very much so.

Rachel said...

'Twas thee that pilfered the last of the egg-like sustenance! This cannot be endured.


Brownies were delish, btw.

Rachel said...

P.S. Future in chaos: mos def. Sorry.
P.P.S. Memoir(s)...probably singular unless you plan on writing multiple volumes. Which I expect.

Miss Meghann said...

No WAY! I had chicken broccoli casserole today! :O An omelet would have been better though =/