1.29.2011

a heart made of chocolate sauce and other awesome things that have been happening.

This past week has been somewhat crazy at work because we've had a big appellate brief due and a trial going on, so I'm sorry if I haven't been able to get back to people who've tried calling/texting. It's called exhaustion and it's not very conducive to being social, haha. But I'm grateful to myself for getting in the habit early on to exercise because I think that's what saved me this week. (That and the delicious food to be mentioned later. It's all about balance.) It really helped to decompress every day by running on the treadmill or lifting weights. My stress level's definitely been better for it. I asked my runner friend Natalie what the best workout routine is and she told me to do something every day. So far I've been able to keep to that, and, ten pounds less, I think my tummy is better off too.

I'm also glad that I finally got the chance to hang out with Derek for a little bit this week. He downloaded this alien astronaut show from Discovery Channel that he had been telling me about (connects the pyramids in Egypt to the Mayan ones in Mexico, etc, so awesome), so we watched that and then worked out together. He's so fun and cute! I love having a little brother that I can talk to and who is one of my best friends. It's refreshing to see someone his age that has his crap together and knows what he's doing in life and is intelligent and down to earth. Sorry, ladies, he already has a cute girlfriend named Abby! Have I mentioned I'm going to miss him when he leaves on his mission? Juste un peu, mais c'est tout.

In other news, I have the most darling parents known to man and they are so nice to take me out to lunch this week. (I have scant monies at the moment.) Mom, the savvy and classy business woman that she is, has been nominated as one of Utah Business magazine's 30 Women to Watch this year and I hope she makes it to the final cut! Having been around her career for my entire 23-ish years, I know she deserves it. On Thursday, she and I went to Noodles & Co. and then to Lunaberry for a crepe. I got a dark chocolate crepe with strawberries and almonds and it was delicious. We both wanted to take naps in the sun afterward, maybe with golden retriever puppies crawling on us or something, but we had to go back to work. Here is my crepe--it had a chocolate sauce heart so of course I had to take a picture of it:



Nice, huh? So on Friday I got to see my little dad and go to lunch with him. We went to Pagoda for sushi and it was amaze! We got gyoza, wontons, vegas roll, spider roll (with extra black widows), miso, and strawberry mochi with ice cream. I definitely want to go back soon. They have this awesome party room called the Dragon Room that fits about 10 people in its own awesomely decorated area of the restaurant.

Yeah, we have fun like that.

1 comment:

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

wow. wow. that's all i can say. crepe. sushi.