3.30.2009

Weekend Update.

This weekend I went home because we had a lot of family stuff going on. As usual I had a ton of fun because my family is the BEST EVER. I'm not exaggerating at all. Saturday I spoke at my cousins' baptism (Lindzee and Elizabeth!), and despite feeling inadequate I think I did an ok job. I'm actually just relieved it's over. The rest of the day (the baptism was in the morning) I took a marathon nap, washed Baby Precious (temporary car nickname), and ate a watermelon cream slush while I listened to the last part of the Young Women's Broadcast. Something President Monson said really struck a cord with me because I think it's one of the most important lessons we can learn in life. He said, "If you judge people, then you have no time to love them." I think that's so beautiful and something I need to take to heart.

That night after dinner Derek and I went to see Taken. It was really intense and sad. That kind of thing makes me sick. Anyway. Sunday was good. Mom made a delicious dinner and it was nice to just relax and be together. Despite the spring snow. I'm trying not to be bitter about it, but seriously? I thought we were done with this. And now the wind is back and I can hear it outside.

I wish I didn't have class today, especially English 495: Death Class. Death by boredom, that is. Ugh. This is my one consolation: At least the magazine is done now. Woot!

So I'm off. Hope you all have a great day!