4.25.2009

An Emotional Day.

Yesterday I graduated from college and moved home. Of course I cried a little, but I'm also feeling an immense sense of relief to have it all done. The best part was getting to walk with Kristin!



But I also had a really hard day yesterday because we had to put down Abby, our golden retriever. We had her for eight (?) years and she was very much a part of our family. She'd been feeling really sick lately, and when my parents took her to the vet he said that Abs had stomach cancer. I know it was the humane thing to do to put her to sleep, but that doesn't make me any less sad about it. She was the most obedient and loving dog ever. I miss her so much!

5 comments:

Janae said...

Congratulations.

And

I am so sorry love :(

Cody said...

aw rach. this makes me sad. im so sorry. poor Abby. whatever you do, dont watch marley and me. i just watched it today and it killed me. i am glad abby is not in pain anymore. that is the silver lining in this.

Sarah C. said...

Sorry, sweets. At least I got to see you on graduation day. Ridiculous puffy-faced me and all.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

Abber! I love that picture of her, she looks like the best abby that we loved! You and Kristin are darling in your little caps and gowns! Sisters separated at birth, yeah?

Miss Meghann said...

Hi Rach!
No idea you had a blog- I'm lame. I'm so proud of you for graduating! You look wonderful and happy! I'm sorry about Abby- she was such a sweetheart- we always had so much fun with her :)
I was looking through my big box of stuff from when we were younger and found about 30 cards, notes (including the note when you wrote MW MW at the top, do you remember that? HA HA!) and silly things from you and thought I would drop you a line and tell you that I miss you and all of our laughs! I hope you are doing well- talk to you soon.

Meghann