4.01.2009

French Apple Tart.

As many of you know, Ina Garten is the greatest person in the world. She's the kind of chef that everyone should aspire to be and I absolutely adore her.

Last night I made a French apple tart--the recipe came from Ina's Back to Basics cookbook. The tart was ridiculously tasty and easy to make. I even made the pastry from scratch. So what I'm thinking is that this tart is going to become my signature dessert; I'm very big on having "signature" stuff to base my life around, and so far it's worked out for me. The picture is low qual, but you get the idea:





Isn't it cute? I'll make one for you if you ask nicely.

3 comments:

Aric said...

K Barefoot Contessa is truly one of my favorites and consider this the first of my many pleas for you to make that for me! :)

Sarah C. said...

I wouldn't dare express to you the kinds of things I'd do for you if you made me one of those. They could even include me recounting the horrors of working at Disneyworld. But then again, I haven't tasted the tart yet. I make no promises.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

That was seriously so delish.