9.14.2010

remember that time i made crepes for dinner and it was the best thing i'd ever done for myself?

(short of moving out of Utah County, that is.)

Tonight after work I knew I wanted to cook something really good for dinner--I saw a recipe for Lemon Risotto earlier today and that had me thinking of possible culinary concoctions I could enjoy after work. I also didn't want to stop at the grocery store so had to rely on whatever (scant) supplies I already had.

I originally wanted pancakes and eggs and got my cookbook out right when I got home so no more time would be wasted without some kind of delicious aliments in my belly. I got to the section that had pancakes, my eye landed on crepes first, et voila! Um, they pretty much are probably the most delicious thing ever, barring Jake Gyllenhaal. Luckily I had the basic ingredients on hand, and just filled them with whatever I had lounging in my pantry/fridge.

Here are a few of the combinations I tried:

-coconut, strawberry sauce, and chocolate chips
-brown sugar and sour cream
-Brie and apples
-peanut butter and chocolate

Next time I'll be more prepared and make a ham and cheese version. I tried that in Paris when I was there and it was about a 7.5 on the Richter scale of ultimate deliciousness. Yes I'll be living at the gym for the next few years, but what's a few calories compared to tastebud bliss?

3 comments:

Miss Meghann said...

Hahaha Jake Gyllenhaal. Good call Rach. =)

JeSs said...

YUM! I love to make crepes. They are pretty much the easiest thing to make! My friends and I for 4th of July morning make them! :) SO good! :)

Kathryn said...

I love stalking you :)This is FUN!