9.13.2010

annual craftiness.

I consider myself to be a creative person, but when it comes to "craft" projects I'm always a little hesitant. That being said, this past Saturday I went with Cara and my mom to a Relief Society activity in which we all pulled together little blocks of wood and paint with which to nest our little homes. I made--fashioned--these little wooden bats:



They're a little hard to see since I so professionally held up my computer camera to take a picture of them, but you get the idea. They make a nice addition to my mantle. Yeah they're Halloween decorations and it's only September but this is my favorite time of year so go cry somewhere else. It was a lot of fun and I liked being with just Cara and my mom. Afterwards we went to Tai Pan since Cara had a gift card there and wanted some fall decorations. I didn't really want to go so of course I left the store with a cute fall wreath for my front door, plus a picture and some bookends for my room. My poor, poor credit card. :(

In other news, I've finally gotten my lazy butt back to the gym. I had let my last membership expire but tonight Cara and I went to the Gold's by our houses and got me signed up again. Woo hoo! My body really appreciated the exercise. It feels good to be back and I'm glad Cub's so motivated to go because it helps me too.

So that's all the update I have for now. I have some potentially good news here soon, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to divulge until everything's final. Until then! Tu me manques!

2 comments:

Janae said...

I'd like to attest to the darlingness of said mantle bats. I attest: Darling.

Also, what theee!!! I have to go to the gym by myself? Fine then. I hate you.

I want to hear your good news. Divulge to me, senorita.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

Yay for bats! You loved it. I did too, it was a really fun Saturday. Halloween's going to be awesome, I can't wait! Partaay! Haha I like how you say I'm motivated to go to the gym. You'll help me be more motivated to go too. Yay for sisters! Love you! Ma cherie!