3.11.2012

living, etc.

Couple things. First, I've finally finished Friday Night Lights. And now I must either (A) Move to Texas, or (B) Marry Tim Riggins. Unfortunately these items seem to be mutually exclusive, seeing as one is imaginary and the other more firmly grounded in reality. I'll let you decide which is which.













I also watched the 10th Doctor's finale, which I'd been putting off for months. I just can't imagine anyone else as the Doctor. David Tennant IS him. So yeah. Life's just FULL of disappointments right now. ;) I finished "The End of Time" and just moped around the house like

















When I saw Matt Smith's face after the change, there were no words coming to mind that didn't rhyme with disgust and annoyance.

Also in British television is the second season of Sherlock, which was brilliant as always. Although the Irene Adler character bothered me to no end, as is the case with most adaptations. Did the writers even read the book?? Meh. But the show is clever and British so I don't feel comfortable complaining past that point.

(It's a little ironic that this post has "living" in the title and so far all I've talked about is tv. Hey, I never specified whether said living would be vicarious or actual. Your assumptions are your own.)

Other than that very important stuff...the new job's going great. It's been about two weeks and so far so good. The pay is considerably better and it's nice to not be feeling skint all the time. The work is interesting. I'm not seen as "just a secretary" anymore, which is loads better in itself. Quoi d'autre?

It's the time of the year when the creek behind my place is lousy with geese honking at all hours. So that's...nice. Despite this avian epidemic, I've realized the past month or so that I really love where I live. It's central to the freeway but still in a quiet area with lots of trees. Close to the park and library. Et ma maison? Je l'aime beaucoup. I bought two extremely sexy chairs and an end table for my office from World Market on Friday. It's the last room in my house that needs attention. Poor little loved-starved office. Triste.

On a last note, there are those of you out there who have asked for an update on L'Homme. And there's really not much to say beyond the fact that he visited, we spent time together, he said goodbye. He's a nice person but there were a few things about him that failed to cross the Skype divide earlier on that have made me decide not to continue with him. The Great Search continues, I guess. There was also that awkward moment when you're driving in the car with your significant other and a love song comes on the radio and you realize you're thinking of someone else. Ruh roh. So on these grounds I feel comfortable closing that chapter in my life. We can talk individually if you want a more detailed explanation, but I'm not going to word-vomit all over this when only two people want to know.

(cut to those two people)
















At least you're honest.

2 comments:

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

ROFL. Somehow you make somewhat insignificant things and potentially life altering events on the same level of hilariousness. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. What is the next stage in your book room? I wish my house could be as deliciously decorated as yours.

Rachel said...

All in good time, my young apprentice. Your maisonette is coming along nicely.

Also, I have to laugh to keep from crying. C'est la vie, et la vie est trop dur.