3.28.2012

quelle chance.

Apparently there is a new young man I have my eye on. We'll call him The Accountant. My mother approves. Cara approves. Even Rhett approves. The Accountant and I have had opportunities to meet up somehow but not until tonight did we actually talk to each other. It happened like this...::fade out scene:::

::Fade in::

I had worked late because it's the month end and the end of the month means reports, and piles of reports, topped with a healthy dose of THOUSANDS OF EMAILS AND DISCUSSIONS REGARDING REPORTS. (Kind of like this scene from Office Space, but without the detached irony.)

I finished what work could be done for the day and headed out. I came out of the door and angels singing there he was, waiting for the elevator. What a crazy random happenstance, right?

We get on the elevator and talk. We continue to talk as we walk together out of the building and to the garage where our cars are parked. Usually I park in front of the building but I was a couple minutes later today and the spaces were all taken. Hence the garage.

In both instances (parking, elevator) it was a matter of mere minutes for all of this to fall into place.

I know you are extremely taken aback as I am by all these seemingly insignificant things that enabled this First Meeting with The (Adorable) Accountant to happen.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

JOSHATALIE said...

Ya, thanks for the hanger.......

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

lol fade in. awwwww yeaaaaaah