2.29.2008

Beauty, Thy Name is Joshua Radin.


Tonight Cara, Janae, and Tanner went to see Joshua Radin at In The Venue and, oh wow. Usually I can find some way to express myself but trying to do so after hearing this man's music live is near impossible. Never before has a show evoked such a strong emotional response in me; I'm talking full on teary-eyed emotion. He is extremely talented--one of my favorite songs of his he wrote when he was sixteen years old. Unbelievable. His, uh, extreme physical beauty even seemed a little superfluous after seeing him handle the guitar and amazing vocals.

Not that I wasn't aware of it from the beginning ;)
I love love love this man and anything musical his mind produces.

Ingrid Michaelson opened for him, along with an Alexa...something (I can't remember her last name), and they both had their share of talent. All in all, it was a good night--particularly the always-eventful post-show Denny's trip--and I'm happy to say I'm now a believer in the "mellow" show movement.

1 comment:

Janae said...

Mellow shows are sometimes much more pleasant for me than metal shows. haha. But the latter is necessary for some occasional release.

I'm glad you had fun. It was awesome.