3.22.2008

The First Day of My Second Life.

So I'm not as into reading horoscopes like my mom is (love you mom!), but I just randomly received mine in an email from someone. I thought it especially fitting and thought I'd share:

Saturday, March 22:


It's time to make a fresh start. Out with the outdated thinking, the bad ideas, the negative feelings. Make room for the joy, the positive energy and love that the future holds for you.

It's pretty general and safe, which horoscopes are for the most part, but I think it's good advice for anyone who is at a weird stage in their life, and I know it hit home with me right now.

Something else I'd like to make you all aware of is that my cat seems to be experiencing male-pattern baldness at the moment. He has weird patches of fur missing from his tummy. They're growing in now, but I for sure had a WHAT THE moment when I picked him up and there was nothing resembling fluffiness under my fingers. Also in this edition of Pet Watch 2008, Abby, my golden retriever, has been coping better with her arthritis lately, due in part to a friend's suggestion that we feed our over-sized lovey fish oil pills. They didn't make her sick, which I was worried about, and she seems to be more spry than I've seen her in a long time.

One piece of advice before I hit the sack: Parents--past, present, and future--if you should feel so inclined to buy your newborn baby a do-rag, please reconsider. And never, never, take your inclination for your child's gangsterhood so far as to buy him or her bling. Yes, bling. I will never forget the little baby I saw yesterday that was wearing a neon blue do-rag and a gold medallion bigger than its fist. I was disturbed.

1 comment:

Cody said...

yay! im glad abbie is doing well with her fish oil pills. now she just needs to lose some weight and her transformation will be complete. a baby with a do rag? oh dear. at least assure me that the child was black. because if it was white, that'd be twice as bad.