3.03.2008

Now for the main event.

A brief synopsis of today. What I choose to remember/discuss, anyway...

1. I started my London prep class today. Everyone was pretty hyper and anxious to meet each other; I'm sure that'll wear off by the third class time of meeting from 5:10-7:00 p.m. At least we're going to talk about a subject that all interests us, yeah?

So the requirements for the class are to do readings for the London Walks class we'll be taking once there, and then a group presentation on one of the sites we visit. (Woot Blenheim Palace!) Nothing too major.

2. Doppelgänger. My friend and I were discussing this in the prep class. I don't remember how it came up; I think we were talking about Ghost Hunters or something...oh yeah, the London Centre was once used as a hospital before BYU bought it and we got on the topic of ghosts. Anyway, we decided that although doppelgängers would be useful in our plans for world domination, the whole "evil" part just isn't kosher with our need to come to power peacefully. But it's an interesting concept; I only knew that Percy Bysshe Shelley had had experiences with his doppelgänger, but my friend told me that so did John Donne, Goethe, and Abraham Lincoln.

3. I went to the gym this morning. Got up all early and everything. Going at night just doesn't sit well with my psyche. Other than that, I studied my little heart out for my Shakespeare exam tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Rick hasn't even thought to test us on half the stuff I studied, but I find it's best to "overprepare. The best defense is a good offense." (School of Rock?)

Okay I'm losing the thread here so that's probably my cue to leave. One last word of advice: Don't buy gold nail polish unless you (A) want to spend three hours and a can of paint thinner to get it off, or (B) want to wait four 1/2 years for it to wear off. (Numbers here are approximations and cannot be guaranteed as specific to the individual consumer.)

Hey, it's March!

2 comments:

Janae said...

You make me smile. I'm glad you started that London guy! That's so exciting!

Good for you for going to the gym. I need to start!!! :( Grr. Yeah I hate going at night too.

Thanks for the advice.

Aric said...

Will you please explain to me once and for all what a dopleganger is. I have been trying to figure this out for like 5 years. Also, congrats on the morning workout. Although it's harder in some ways, I like it a lot better too. And number C, we need to have a Cali planning trip soon, like this week. K bye.