4.26.2008

Your Heart Is An Empty Room.


I have to admit: I daydream a lot. And I think sometimes this gets translated by other people as flightiness or ditziness. So I have a few new goals in mind, mainly two, which are (1) to not live in my own world so much and (2) to become a better speaker. I think I've got written expression down pretty well, but speaking has never been my forte, mostly because I'm usually trying to surface out of my own thoughts. Unless the conversation is really engaging; I have no problem then. I'm pretty sure I'm not at Paula Abdul incoherence status, but I know I've said some dumb, incoherent things before. I just tend to become disconnected if, er, I'm not interested.

In other news, I'm starting to dread packing so I keep putting it off. I just want to be there, dang it, and not have to go through the annoying part of air/tube travel. Oh well.
Also, I went to a show last night and re-fell in love with this artist, whose solo project is called Bellarayne. He was absolutely fantastic. Check out Cody's blog for a more eloquent explanation.

2 comments:

Janae said...

That's a good thing to work on. I need to do the same.

Patience, Rachel. You will have an amazing time once you're there.

Ashley said...

I'm so excited for your trip. I can't wait for you to experience it and then to hear all about it.

And I think we can never stop improving things or setting goals. Good for you.

P.S. I am moving back and got a job at Bingham...