12.24.2008

It's Christmas Eve!

Last night I had a dream that my mom bought Abby (my golden retriever) her own dog for a pet. It was really funny to dream-watch Abby getting her dog water and food and playing with her. One of my favorite parts of Christmas vacation has been taking Abby for long walks in the snow, especially on the golf course behind our house. She rolls around in the snow like a bear and makes growling noises. It's pretty hilarious.

I am really thankful it's Christmas Eve; tonight my family and I are going to our traditional Christmas feast with the Erbs, who we've been friends with for over ten years. This year The Feast is at their mansion house at Suncrest, which will be nice because right now I'm tired of entertaining at our house.

The Feast consists of prime rib, crab legs, cheesy potatoes, rolls, mom's ribbon salad, and green salad. The Feast never changes--we have the same thing every year, and every year is better than the last. For dessert we have Christmas cookies, and some kind of cake or brownies or chocolate covered strawberries. Yes, divine. I feel spoiled to have such good family friends and such an awesome tradition.

1 comment:

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

Yay for our feast! "The feast...is mine! (Exit guy in tights on motorized scooter)