7.28.2011

i don't always write serious blogs, but when i do, you're not required to read them.

I'm at a loss in this situation called life. Just when you think you have things figured out, reality smacks you in the face and reminds you who's in control. (I shake my fist at you, Shatner.)

For the past couple of months I've been trying to figure out a way to move out of state. My reasons for doing so mostly involved me wanting to experience something new, e.g. dating scene. (Well-researched fact: Most single LDS men in Utah are crazy with a capital BORING served with a steaming side of self-absorption.)I had my eye on Raleigh, North Carolina, there for awhile and had even started researching housing options. But lo and behold, our wonderful Indian-giver (totally not PC, so sue me) government put a nasty little caveat in the housing credit that said if my house ceases to be my permanent residence within three years of closing, I would have to pay the $8,000 back. No moving, not even renting it out. Say whaaattt?

Major bummer. There was much sobbing. So now I'm not even back to square one; I'm at about negative square-age. So here's to another year and a half in Murray. I'm going to make the best of it. Crazy men and all.

4 comments:

Janae said...

You rarely write serious blogs, actually. So those are the ones I am required to read.

I have to be here for two more years. My endorsement class isn't up till December 2012 (a year and a half), and obviously I need to finish out that school year. A la summer 2013.

We should move together. I think my finances will be in really good shape by then, hopefully. Enough to contribute half of a down payment on a house.

Then again, maybe you'll be married by then. Ya never know! Life happens fast.

love you.

JOSHATALIE said...

Ya, I wish you could move and journey out of state. Sorry, but I think one and a half years shall pass fast....hopefully.

Michelle and Justin Cavender said...

Oh Rach, you are too funny. Don't worry, this too, shall pass....

Sarah C. said...

I hear ya, honey. But here's the thing of it (I must say) there are even fewer Mormon men outside of Utah and they follow the same demographic patterns. I love you, so this is why I'm filling you in on such things (I suppose at least as far as Dallas is concerned? No one ever said it was a mecca for available stellar men, though).