10.04.2008

Finally fall.

Fall is my favorite time of the year--the leaves changing, the apples ripening, the air, uh, crisping. Everything about fall is on my list of favorite things: sweaters, warm comforting food, colors, snuggling by a fire, the last camping trip of the year, not to mention extra family time. Today I feel extra blessed because of the rain. (The Pacific Northwest is on my top five places to live for all the rain that area is blessed with.) It's been falling nonstop since I woke up this morning, and I've enjoyed going outside every half hour just to smell the freshness.

Tonight is our bi-annual Girls' Night Out while the boys are at the priesthood session of Conference. We're going to hit up Tai-Pan for a little bit before dinner and shopping. I love that my family has traditions like this, and I can't wait to have my own family and to keep it all going. It's going to be awesome to have my husband and his family join mine in little things like "the women getting together while the men go to priesthood." Some day...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE fall. It's been so long since I spent a fall in the northwest. It really is ideal. I'm so excited for Thursday!

Cody said...

while im not a huge fan of the cold i must admit that i do enjoy fall as well. at least the beginning when the leaves are changing and what not.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

I love when the air crispens!