10.25.2008

I'm pining away.


No, not for any old boy, but for a city--London. I was in the middle of getting ready for bed and it hit me how much I wish I was there now, waking up in the early morning. My dog and I would take a walk in Kensington Garden or Hyde Park before breakfast. After tramping and exploring the damp pathways of these parks, we would pick out a nice table at Caffe Nero and have breakfast while reading The Guardian.

I miss Hampstead Heath and Camden. I miss the smelly Tube and being carried along by the crowds on Oxford Street. I miss Southwark and Borough Market. I miss the history and my ward and the light. I miss the rain in the morning and going to museums for free. I miss knowing Stonehenge is 90 miles to the west, and being able to be go to Paris for a weekend. I miss my city.

1 comment:

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

I don't know whether to do this :( or :) probably a little bit of both. You'll go back rach!