8.09.2011

top ten tuesday: novel heroines.

I know, right? Another top ten about books! Contain your excitement.
Here is my list of favorite female characters from some pretty amazing books.

Top Ten Tuesday: Novel Heroines.

1. Dagny Taggart, Atlas Shrugged
2. Margaret Hale, North and South
3. Jane Eyre, Jane Eyre
4. Hermione Granger, Harry Potter series
5. Francie Nolan, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
6. Flora Poste, Cold Comfort Farm
7. Valentine Wiggin, Ender's Game
8. Anne Elliot, Persuasion
9. Gwendolen Harleth, Daniel Deronda
10. Esther Greenwood, The Bell Jar

I know those last two might be kind of controversial (for book people, anyway), but I have my reasons...

Honorable mentions:
Éowyn, LOTR
Elizabeth Bennet, P&P

5 comments:

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

Chyyeah girl power! Dagny is so awesome. Oh, but you forget the best one--Bella! JKKKKK

Rachel said...

I figured that Bella was not even worth making a joke about.

Michelle and Justin Cavender said...

Love it! How about Katniss from the Hunger Games? I thoroughly enjoyed the book and she is a lot more independent than Bella ella ella ella!

Rachel said...

Good point, Chelle...duly noted.

Sarah C. said...

I need you to stop being my soulmate at once. Mostly because you still live in Utah, and I don't. Esther Greenwood?! She's only my most favorite person in the entire world and oftentimes 152 insights into my soul. Controversial, for sure, because people automatically get a nervous look on their face when I say that, but there it is, folks.