5.08.2008

Classes, Part Deux.

On Tuesday my History of Britain class began, which I was/am really excited for because I love learning anything about this country and want to understand it better. The class isn't going to be too bad work-wise; we only have to make a field journal with at least 10 entries of site we see, such as Canterbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, etc. There are no tests or finals. Yay! And the professor said he is only going to lecture for an 1 1/2 hours instead of the allotted three because his philosophy is that we should be out in the city and not in class. I couldn't agree more. :) After class a group of us went to the British Museum to check it out, and it was pretty cool. I was stoked about seeing the Elgin Marbles from the Parthenon and the Ancient Britain exhibit. The Egyptian exhibit didn't do too much for me because I got a lot of that era at the Met in NYC, but it was still cool as old things always are. One of the best aspects of London is that the museums are free, and the British Museum has been free to the public since 1753, which I thought was pretty cool. I love how this museum (as all good museums do) juxtaposes antiquity with modernity, which you can see in the building's architecture of the first two pictures here.

1 comment:

Janae said...

I'm so glad you're having such a good time. I miss you!