5.27.2008

Globe Trotters.


Last night we went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe Theater in Southwark. It was really cool; the building is a reconstruction of the original "theater in the round" style. The actual play was good--I kind of prefer BYU's production that Cub and I went to this past winter semester. This time around I think it was more about the experience of seeing theater reproduced as it would have been in Shakespeare's time rather than about having the most amazing production ever. It rained, alternating between mist and full-on rain, which made me glad we weren't standing with the groundlings. Kristin and I snuggled because it was so cold, so the night wasn't a complete lost cause. ;) The Thames was really pretty as we walked back after the play, and I'm pretty much determined to walk around more at night.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

mmm delicious

Anonymous said...

pucha. that's awesome.