5.12.2008

Random signage and wall art in London.

Something I've been on the lookout for during my walks through London and elsewhere are the signs and wall art throughout the city. Here are some of my findings so far.


This one is probably my favorite. It's written on a brick wall, obviously, and it says, "All in all, you're just another brick in the wall." One of the best parts about it is that it originally says "your," but some kindred spirit went and added "'r" to make it "you're." I love it.



I thought Cara would appreciate this pub's name.




















This one is just funny because the art prof here is named Joe.













I saw this one on my second day here. It was scrawled in little kid handwriting on an underpass in Chelsea. I thought it was really cute and exactly what I was thinking.
















Um, I don't really know what this means, but I thought it was interesting. It's painted on a boarded up shop window.




















There's this skate park in Southwark that has the coolest graffiti. This skull was covered up by the time I went back a week later.



























This one has familial significance. ;)
Besides that, it is the cottage that
adjoins Lamb House, which was Henry James's house in Rye.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I saw a great book at Topshop (you have discovered this place, haven't you?!) that captured the same kinds of signage, though yours is much better because YOU have discovered it.

But yes, Topshop. Straight away.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, you've always had an eye for the unique.

Rachel said...

Topshop=yes ma'am!