5.04.2008

Sunday.

Today was my first day in my London ward. It was more like a branch, actually. I'm wondering if it will be that depopulated every week or if everyone was out of town enjoying the Bank Holiday. The ward is extremely diverse; we have people from backgrounds like Dutch-Italian to Caribbean. The children are absolutely darling, and when the bishop called me in to talk about my calling, he asked where I wanted to be and I said "Primary." So here's to me, getting to chill with the cutest children ever on Sunday.

In Sacrament, the Bishopric asked all of us students to bear our testimonies, which we did. There are 7 of us assigned to this particular ward, and I absolutely love the neighborhood. Even though it takes an hour to get to the meeting house, and an hour back to the Centre, the walk from the Tube station to the chapel (which was about 15 minutes) makes up for it and is fantastically beautiful and just, well, England. I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time leaving here next month. I already feel at home and as if I could just move here and enjoy life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I repeat, once again: You must come back! But i don't blame you for wanting to live there, it sounds absolutely beautiful and wonderful and london. Plus the children are darling, so.