4.09.2011

pure, unadulterated love.



Tonight was the MCR show. And of course I was reminded of just how much I love this darn band and the people who play in it. I love them with the purest form of love I know, similar to that of how I love my family. Yeah, they're kind of a big deal to me. Every one of their shows I've been to has transcended any other creative venture I've witnessed, and that's saying something. I love how they remake themselves anew with every album yet still remain true to their core mantra of always being yourself and not apologizing for who you are. From New Jersey to Los Angeles, I've followed this band since high school, and my love gets stronger every year. It's hard to put into words how much they mean to me and how much they have helped me through everything, the things I couldn't talk about but still needed to deal with. Their music said (says) it for me. Let's just say that some people take Prozac, but I listen to My Chemical Romance. This band helped me realize that life is worth living, and living well, and it helped me to figure out the things that are most important to me (family, church, creativity, being a Christlike person, etc) and I can't thank them enough. It's not just about the "music," it's the whole package. (Although the music is frakking sweet, let's be honest.) People who don't understand where I'm coming from might find this melodramatic or that they can't relate. All I'm saying is, for me this band can do no wrong. Haters gonna hate, but then hate always stems from ignorance.

Happy Birthday, G! I love you for your creativity, passion, drive, craziness, face, voice of a thousand sleepless nights, and most of all your self. Never stop running.

2 comments:

Janae said...

I love you. I don't think it's melodramatic at all. I have felt that kind of love for a band before.

Cara & Clarence Jessop said...

pretty much sums it all up. :) loves