4.12.2011

top ten tuesday.

A newly instituted event here at FS will be a randomly selected top ten list published each Tuesday, in which I foist upon you my very biased but thoughtfully selected tops. Each list is carefully guarded by a strict code of moral conduct, created by yours truly. (Because I can't plan for every contingency. And I make the rules here, on this my blog.) This week:

Top 10 Albums.

Here are the rules:
1. Each album is selected based on its playability all the way through. (Visceral reaction is important.) I'm looking at these as a whole; so while some songs, while awesome in themselves, weren't enough to pull through the rest of the album. We're talking start to finish, here.
2. No movie/musical/TV show soundtracks. This could be another top ten by itself, ya know?
3. Only one collection of greatest hits allowed.
4. Other than that, the sky's the limit.
5. Nickelback automatically makes the cut. (I'm kidding. But seriously...no I'm kidding. But really.)

Rachel's Top Ten Albums of April, 12, 2011

1. Ghost, Radical Face
2. Rotten Apples, Smashing Pumpkins
3. Morning View, Incubus
4. Silent Alarm, Bloc Party
5. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, My Chemical Romance
6. American Hearts, A.A. Bondy
7. Give Up, The Postal Service
8. A Rush of Blood to the Head, Coldplay
9. Absolution, Muse
10. Wreckorder, Fran Healy

I'd be interested to hear what your top ten (or any number) would be, so let me know.

3 comments:

JOSHATALIE said...

Oh crap....Albums? I don't know albums....how about I list my top ten songs! Does that work?
Natalie's top ten for April 12, 2011
1. Forget You....or rather, F* You
2. Up B ;)
3. Hate My Life
4. Telephone
5. Right Round (don't judge)
6. Way You Make Me Feel
7. Beer For My Horses
8. Toxic
9. Man I Feel Like a Woman
10. Uptown Girl


There you have it!

Alyson Fullmer said...

I totally agree about Coldplay! I don't necessarily agree about the rest. Coldplay, YES! I'm not sure what I'd place in my top 10. I love classic rock, it's my favorite, but I can't think of an album that is amazing from start to finish. Hmmm...

Michelle and Justin Cavender said...

I definately have to add Red Jumpsuit Apparatus-Don't You Fake It. It is my go to for gym, car, everything! By far the best!